poker online
poker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain win the 2010 World Cup and leading
BARCELONA, Spain -- Barcelona defender Carles Puyol has decided to leave the club at the end of the season, preferring to take some time off after several injury-filled seasons and putting his football future in doubt. The 35-year-old Puyol has spent his entire career with Barcelona, debuting in 1999. But he has made only 12 appearances this season after returning from a long-term knee injury in October. Puyol has been an essential figure in Barcelonas and Spains recent achievements, including helping Spain win the 2010 World Cup and leading Barcelona to three Champions League titles. Puyol said Barcelona has agreed to rescind his contract at the end of the season despite two years remaining on his deal. "The recovery from my knee injury was more difficult than expected. I cannot perform anymore at the level Id want," Puyol said Tuesday. "When the season ends I need to rest and then we will see. Ive got three months left and Im going to give my all for Barca, but I dont know what Ill do at the end of the season." Puyol did not take questions Tuesday as teammates Gerard Pique, Cristian Tello and Jose Manuel Pinto, and former teammate Ivan de la Pena watched. Puyol is a homegrown success story for the Catalan club, coming through the La Masia youth program like teammates Xavi Hernandez, Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta. He was nicknamed "Tarzan" for his scraggly locks which shielded his face and intimidated opponents despite his small stature. His energetic and physical style of play fit perfectly with his leadership qualities, earning him the captains armband at Barcelona until recent injury spells. Puyol, who was raised in the Catalan town of Pobla de Segur, trails only Xavi in appearances made for the club. He scored his first goal of the season in Sundays 4-1 win over Almeria. Puyol won his first trophy with the club in the 2004-05 season -- the first of six league titles. He also won the Club World Cup, Copa del Rey, Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup to go along with Champions League titles in 2006, 09, and 11. At the World Cup in South Africa, Puyol headed in the winning goal in the 1-0 semifinal victory over Germany. "Hes a reference for every player and a leader on the field of play," Spain coach Vicente del Bosque said. Yangervis Solarte Jersey . The pair ended pointless droughts when they each scored two goals in a 6-4 victory over the Winnipeg Jets that halted a two-game losing skid for the Stars (15-11-5). Russell Martin Jersey . PAUL, Minn. http://www.officialbluejaysjerseysonline...ys-jersey/. Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. Paul Molitor Jersey . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline  — the No. Dalton Pompey Jersey . -- Cordell Cato scored his first goal of the season and the San Jose Earthquakes survived a full half playing a man down to beat FC Dallas 2-1 Saturday night.Steve Harmison was full of praise for James Anderson and Stuart Broad as Englands opening pair took a combined nine wickets on day two of the first Test against Sri Lanka at Headingley. England bowled the visitors out for 91 - enforcing the follow-on - after they had notched 298 in their first innings.Anderson took 5-16 to move him up to sixth in the all-time leading Test wicket takers with 438 victims and is the third-highest seamer on the list behind only Glenn McGrath (563) and Courtney Walsh (519). Watch the pick of the action from the second day of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka James Anderson has to be talked about as one of the greats of our game, said Harmison.McGrath finished when he was 36, Walsh when he was 38, so of course Anderson at only 33 can keep going and pass both of them.They are two of the best fast bowlers of all time, so people have got to be looking now and saying that Anderson is in that same league. Glenn McGrath took 563 wickets in 124 Tests for Australia People say Jimmy has struggled to bowl in the past at Headingley, but he was awesome today, as was Stuart Broad.Those two as a combinationn together are fantastic.dddddddddddd For me, they are the best duo that England have ever had, theyve got to be talked about as one of the top combinations of all time.Today they got the ball to consistently land on the same length, knowing what the conditions demanded at Headingley. Englands Stuart Broad celebrates the wicket of Kusal Mendis Was I surprised what happened to Sri Lanka today? No. The Test match has gone the way I thought it would.Its tough on the Sri Lankans, as there are some young, inexperienced lads in there, and you could have put the most experienced batting line-up in the world out there against those two in those conditions, and they would have struggled.Its similar for England on the sub-continent - if they are presented with a raging turner in India this winter with three high quality spinners, it will be similarly tough. Anderson celebrates one of his five Sri Lankan wickets on day two Englands tail is up now, and the conditions are unlikely to change, so I expect they will bowl Sri Lanka out for a reasonably low total again tomorrow.England only bowled 36 overs, just over a session. The players are so fit now, and theyd normally expect to field around 120 overs. So from that point of view, Im not surprised they enforced the follow on. Theyve now just got to put in the same amount of effort as they would on a flat pitch.Its a great way to start the Test summer, and hopefully by the end of this Test, they will have set a benchmark that they can try to look to better in the two games left in the series, and against Pakistan later in the summer.Watch live coverage from day three of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka at Headingley, live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am on Saturday. Also See: England dominate SL Scorecard As it happened Sky Cricket podcast Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '